STEAM initiatives are intended to prepare students for future work roles and enable them to develop the creativity, innovation, leadership, and critical thinking skills that will serve them well in the future. STEAM education also stresses the fact that these subjects are all integrated within many real-world settings.
At LILACAMPS we put a large focus on STEAM workshops and projects that ensure real world skills are applied and encouraged and students work in fun, collaborative and creative ways.
Examples of STEAM activities we do include
- Multimedia workshops on various cultural, sporting and other themes.
- Interviewing local students, business owners and professionals as part of an intercultural project.
- Photography workshops. Beginners to advanced.
- Engineering and Robotics – design and creation.
- Computer Coding- creating new games and learning to code.
- Orienteering and map navigation. Team challenges in tracked and trailed local forest
- Team Building – Construction tasks
- Scavenger hunts
- Egg toss – engineering team activity
- Rocket making – design and technology
- Everyday English
- Vocabulary & grammar
- Listening, reading & writing skills
- Individual learning plan and learner portfolio
- Regular one-to-one sessions with your teacher
- Blend of new technology and traditional learning techniques
- Student drop in sessions scheduled outside of class time
- Online placement test available before you arrive
- Small class size – average 10 -15
- Library and free wi-fi
- Carefully planned social programme to help you practise your English outside of the school
- Available at Cambridge Exam levels